It is hard to believe that radiant floor heating is available from centuries in one form or the other. In the early centuries ago, it was operated by heating the cavity under the floor which resulted in the rising of the room temperature. With the passage of time, it has experienced lots of developments and here I will guide you upon its modern form being used.
How does it operate?
The radiant floor heating system generates heat from cables installed in it. The cables are covered by mats are installed under the surface of the floor. It works with every type of flooring used nowadays. Although the mats are connected with the thermostat, you cannot cut them to fit on vents. Hence, with all this, its installation has a lengthy and costly process. The other way to install these cables is through electric single wires. You must always hire a pro for the installation and repair of the radiant floor heating system.
Benefits of Radiant Floor Heating Systems.
The number of comforts and advantage it offers to the homeowners have a major share in its growing popularity. They are as following:
- First of all, the room heated by this heating system is quite favorable for a person’s thermal comfort. This happens due to its function of heating the air directly unlike other systems.
- The other heating systems take up space in the rooms. it becomes hard to adjust furniture and these appliances. However, with this heating system, it is the floor through room temperature is maintained and provides no space issues.
- The other advantage it has is that it produces heat without making any noise. It is helpful allergic to noise and cannot sleep without silence.
- The durable nature of it has long-lasting effects on customer minds. Generally, the common perception among homeowners is to buy a system that has a long life.
- It has no design issues for the homeowners. Moreover, other heating systems like electric heater may cause any damage or accident due to broken edges. However, in case of radiant floor heating system, there is no chance of it.
Is Radiant floor Heating Worth It?
This energy efficient system has all the ingredients to become a best heating system to date. However, installation costs are high but its low maintenance rates make up your budget.