Water tube boiler is structurally different from the fire tube boilers. The water heated by it is present inside the tubes. The hot combustion gases play a significant role in producing warm water for usage. It has great advantages for its users along with some of the disadvantages it brings with the installation.
Read below to get knowledge of it in detail.
Features of Water Tube Boilers
Water tube boiler is available in the variety of sizes in the market. Moreover, their size is larger than that of fire heat boilers. Their main functionality is that they are excellent at dealing with steam pressure and its rate can go more than 4000 psig. They are not available in package form in the market, especially in large sizes. It is mainly installed in thermal plants.
Advantages of Water Tube Boilers
- There is no issue regarding the thermal stressing since it posses a flexible and variable architecture. Also, the characteristic of rapid circulation avoids this concern too.
- These boilers include tubes with a thin structure that improves the efficiency of the appliance. These thin tubes enable faster steam to generate hot water in quick time.
- The thin tubes are most makes it simpler to repair as they are easy to bend.
- The design of the water tub boiler makes it possible to use it for the generation of saturated steam.
Disadvantages of Water Tube Boilers
- The major disadvantage of it is that it is not built in the product form. Hence, its installation at the location becomes a lengthy process which is both time-consuming and costly.
- The number of burners is limited as it may cause complexity in the whole system.
- Its structure is in composite form that makes it very hard for the cleaners and service workers.
- Mostly they have no accord between tube designs, which results in the impossibility of tubes in them.
To provide your thermal power plant steam with full intensity, install a water tube boiler without any hesitation through professional contractors.